Job Shadow Day for employers
“After our positive experience taking part in Job Shadow Day … I would encourage as many employers as possible to take part.”
– Norah Casey, broadcaster and publishing entrepreneur
Job Shadow Day is a fun and rewarding day of awareness for employers to join.
Hundreds of employers, of all sizes, across all sectors, take part every year.
A trained employment facilitator in your locality will help you to coordinate the day.
Simply register your interest in taking part and we will help you take the next steps.
A person with a disability will ‘shadow’ an employee for a day as they go about their normal working routine.
Why take part?
- Promote and encourage an inclusive workplace, which is proven to boost staff morale, productivity and innovation
- Express your commitment to equal employment opportunities
- Access a new pool of potential employees
- Get a ‘taster’ of supported employment and see if it could help your business
- Meet new people and have fun
- Learn more about disability issues
- Promote your business and services. Many Job Shadow Day participants are featured in their local newspapers.
- Reach out to new customers. Did you know people with disabilities in Ireland have a potential spending power of €3.3 billion? Show these customers you support inclusion.
Register your interest in taking part today