In November 2013, the IASE published its new three-year strategy for the years 2014 to 2016.
The strategy, Opportunities for Renewal and Equality, sets out six main priorities for the IASE to grow employment opportunities for people with disabilities in Ireland through the supported employment model.
The six strategic priorities aim to:
- Promote the development of national best practice standards for supported employment in Ireland
- Continue to promote the supported employment model at a national level
- Engage with employers and increase their participation in supported employment
- Engage with and endeavour to influence policy makers and legislators to increase equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities through supported employment
- Develop networks and partnerships with organisations, nationally and internationally, to further promote the supported employment model
- Ensure the IASE Strategy 2014-2016 is implemented and monitor and evaluate progress